The “Igualdad” (Equality) movement, a non-partisan grass-roots citizen advocacy organization, is planning a November 19th rally in Washington, D.C. The group’s goal is to support resolution of the political status of Puerto Rico and bring equality of citizenship for the 3.6 million U.S. citizens living in Puerto Rico.
The rally is scheduled to take place in front of the Capitol at 11 am. Members of Congress from both the Democratic and Republican political parties are expected to address the crowd.
Supporting organizations for the event include:
- The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles
- Puerto Rico Statehood Democrats
- Puerto Rico Republican Party
- Puerto Rico Statehood Students Association
- Misión Estadista (Statehood Mission)
- The Puerto Rico Statehood Council.