The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee has released the names of the witnesses who will testify at its October 22 hearing, “Puerto Rico: economy, debt, and options for Congress.”
The single panel format will include the governor of Puerto Rico, the resident commissioner representing PUerto Rico in Congress, an Obama administration official, and two economists:
- Mr. Antionio F. Weiss, Counselor to the Secretary, U.S. Department of the Treasury;
- The Honorable Pedro Pierluisi, Resident Commissioner for Puerto Rico, U.S. House of Representatives;
- The Honorable Alejandro Javier Garcia Padilla, Governor, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico;
- Mr. Sergio M. Marxuach, Policy Director, Center for a New Economy, Puerto Rico; and
- Mr. Steven Fetter, Founder and President, Regulation UnFettered.
A live webcast of the hearing may be available here.