According to Voxxi, the Republican National Committee is hiring Izzy Santa, former deputy communications director for Mitt Romney’s Ohio campaign and communications director for the Ohio Republican Party, as Hispanic Media Communications Director.
Santa, who is from Puerto Rico, has extensive experience with communications and media relations:
- Communications Manager of Industry Affairs at the Consumer Electronics Association
- Deputy Communications Director in Ohio for Governor Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign
- Communications Director for the Ohio Republican Party
- Communications Director for Congressman Bob Latta (R-OH)
- Media Relations Manager for the Cato Institute
- Communications Manager for Hispanic CREO
- Adjunct researcher at the Center for Freedom and Prosperity
- Executive Director, Project Veritas
The GOP’s press page describes this hiring as “expanding the party’s minority engagement efforts.” The GOP was not successful at wooing the Hispanic vote in 2012, but they see their message as one that should resonate with Hispanic voters: family values, strong communities, and respect for hard work.