Over the past eight years, Puerto Rico Report has brought you hundreds of articles answering many questions about Puerto Rico. We’ve kept you up to date on current events, reminded you of historical milestones, and explained complicated issues.
These are the articles that have been read most frequently over the years:
- Puerto Rico Is Not a State: Why Not?
- How Does a Territory Become a State?
- How Did Puerto Rico Become a U.S. Territory?
- Puerto Rico and Federal Income Tax
- Is Puerto Rico a Country?
- “Technically Recoverable” Oil and Gas Believed South of Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Has Valuable Natural Resources
- What Does It Mean to Be a Territory of the United States?
- The Federal Income Taxes Puerto Ricans Pay
We can see that our visitors continue to feel confused about Puerto Rico’s political status. That’s not surprising: it’s a complicated issue, with plenty of misinformation to be found. We will continue to explain it in the simplest, clearest terms possible while maintaining accuracy.
But there are some other issues that people want to know about. Does Puerto Rico have oil and gas among its natural resources? And just what federal taxes do Puerto Ricans pay, anyway?
We look forward to answering more of your questions in the New Year. Have a safe and prosperous new year in 2021.